The weather here in central Kansas has totally sucked lately.
cold (I AM SICK OF IT!)
cloudy (HOW DEPRESSED DOES MOTHER WANT ME TO GET?!)
What helps beat the wintertime blues? Warm rich creamy potato soup!
Here is the basic recipe that I use – yes of course I modify it. Always remember, sometimes to make a recipe better it’s not what you add to it rather it’s adding more of what’s already there, but that’s my secret.
- 1/3 c margarine (here I used butter that I made from Traci’s cream)
- 5 potatoes peeled & chopped
- 1 large onion
- 1 c celery
- 4 c 1/2 & 1/2 (here I used fresh Jersey cream)
- 1 c milk
- 4 slices crisp bacon
- 1 t salt
- 2 t instant chicken bullion (a few of those cubes I froze up are perfect here)
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- dash cayenne pepper
- fresh parsley or chopped chives